Learning design keeps the student experience at the heart of every development decision. My aim is always to create engaging learning leading to the outcomes required for the participants.
Development starts with research-based principles of learning. While ‘traditional’ ideas about learning sometimes need to be adapted for the online and blended context, we need to keep in mind that it’s all learning. An excellent design recognises that learning comes first; principles of human learning must not be distorted to fit any limitations of online learning.
Every project is different. In principle you can expect the following:
- Scope new online projects, identifying project objectives, defining learning objectives and establishing target audiences. Application of tested instructional design theories, practice and methods.
- Provide pedagogic advice, guidance, encouragement and support regarding the design and construction of online programs and course content.
- Design, test and evaluate courses that are interactive, engaging and provide a compelling learner experience.
- Create engaging learning activities and compelling module content, using instructional graphics, web content and media as appropriate.
- Suggest use of appropriate teaching, training and learning support. Develop criteria to assess learner performance.
- Review content post-delivery; reflect and implement enhancements for the next delivery.
- Current knowledge of developments in learning theory and educational technology.
- Maintain project documentation and module structures/folders.
To discuss how I could contribute your your next online or blended learning project, please get in touch by completing the form below.