“An enlightened society values intrinsic learning for its power to transform.
Such transformation enables full participation in economic, social, cultural and intellectual life. 21st century change embraces learning within and without organisations with wide-ranging approaches.
This means creating a learning society.
• Lifelong learners following their interests and updating their skills – learners who are both curious and skilled;
• Educators reflecting on their practice, fascinated by both the science and art of teaching, with time to engage in professional and personal development;
• Institutions – schools, colleges and universities – with a clear sense of identity and values;
• Communities valuing education as they provide learning opportunities for all; and
• Technology enabling online learning and vivid classroom experiences.”